MSA Overview

This contains the scottyspectrumanalyzer yahoo group backup
swetterlin

MSA Overview

Post by swetterlin » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:20 pm

I have posted in the files section a document called MSAOverview.pdf that is a quick overview of the capabilities and construction process for the MSA as spectrum analyzer and Vector Network Analyzer. For anyone looking into building the MSA, it is a good starting point, though Scotty's website has much more detail. The document also links to his website. Any new members should check it out. If you know of anyone potentially interested in the MSA, send them a copy.

I also posted Links to the officially released software on Scotty's website, and my more recent bug fixes/updates (Rev 0.2). Scotty's site has the full installation package; my new files just replace a couple of his files. When he is back in operation, we will merge my files with his.

Also, a reminder that it is possible without having the MSA hardware completed to run through the operation of the MSA with the software, by just playing around with it or by following the procedures in the various "Walk-Throughs", which are referenced in the above MSAOverview.pdf. All this stuff is also listed on my website at

Sam W.