PC boards from Futurlec

This contains the scottyspectrumanalyzer yahoo group backup
xjwmcx

PC boards from Futurlec

Post by xjwmcx » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:42 pm

Hi All,
My pc boards from Futurlec arrived today (reference:  message number 9821).  The boards are high quality, so I am pleased with the final result.  The total cost for 2 pcbs was $47.12, including shipping.
My specs to Futurlec:
  • Length:  5.00 inches
  • Width:  2.50 inches
  • Type of board:  double-sided
  • Options:  none
  • Quantity:  2
  • PCB program:  ExpressPCB
No options means no silkscreen, no solder resist.
This seems to be a viable option if you don't mind waiting 3 - 4 weeks to get your boards.  The cost savings compared to ExpressPCB was about $40.00.  Futurlec's traces/spaces specs are a little larger than ExpressPCB's specs, so take care not to exceed them.  Also, I suggest that you be careful to check all traces, spaces, pad/hole sizes, perimeter clearance, etc., so that you can minimize your need to communicate with "Bee" at Futurlec; it will make things go smoother if you do.  Send them artwork with no spec violations and it will minimize potential problems.
Note that in the original message #9821 I stated the board dimensions as 3.00 X 5.00, but my actual board dimensions were 2.50 X 5.00 inches, which reduced the board area cost by $1.62 per board.  The cost was $25.00 for artwork and $8.06 for each pc board, so if you want more boards, the additional cost per board is only $8.06.  That's pretty cheap if you want more boards that use the same artwork.  You can also order only one board, if you wish, but at $8.06 per board, having a spare was a no-brainer for me.  Shipping was $6.00.
 Regards,
Jim McLucas