LEN BOARDS 1-4 MKII for assemblers and owners.zip

This contains the scottyspectrumanalyzer yahoo group backup
spyker49

LEN BOARDS 1-4 MKII for assemblers and owners.zip

Post by spyker49 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:52 am

Hello group members. At last I have posted in the files section a single zip for those assembling my BOARDS 1-4 MK-II.  Note that all unpopulated PCB boards anyone has out there are MK-II. The zip contains all 4 MK-II Boards with schematics in PDF and BOMS in spread sheets.  NOTE 1: The +10V and GND supply rail connections are shown in the schematics as a whole heap of 2 pin headers.  DO NOT install a heap of  2 PIN headers. Instead fit the normal dual row 0.1" header pin strips, cut to length, those are cheaper, easier and more robust. NOTE 2:  Solder in all the TINY stuff first. solder the big stuff last.  NOTE: 3: The Cypress USB boards have provision to be fitted with an ATMEL CPU and a 8 MHz Xtal but I have only done that as a TEST BED for testing other boards and MUST NOT be populated for  normal USB use. However soldering in all the 3.3V bypass caps is recommended wherever they are.  My BOMS are focussed on DIGIKEY parts. I recommend learning to use the Digikey web BOM manager to upload the MS excel BOM spread sheet and then tell it which column is parts and which column is QTY and start the auto ordering. This saves you all the horrible error prone part number retyping.  The BOM manager gives you the chance to review and do corrections, delete any part, select alternatives for shortage and add in extra parts.Regards len