Renewed activity on the forum

This contains the scottyspectrumanalyzer yahoo group backup
verstelle@att.net

Renewed activity on the forum

Post by verstelle@att.net » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:02 pm

So glad to see another group buy, haven't seen this mush activity on the forum in a long time.  Poor Scotty's going to be busy in a month or two. I'll try to help when I can.
Anyway just wanted everyone getting ready to build, to know, this is a fantastic project and piece of test equipment. I use mine almost every day. This is the best thing I ever built. I'm still learning all the things it can do and have a long way to go to use it to its full potential. 
Lately I have been playing around with VLF receivers and lightning detectors and can find resonance as low as 3khz. Maybe even lower. 
Tuning antennas now is so much better than when I use to use my MFJ antenna analyzes, in fact I sold my MFJ antenna analyzer because it was collecting dust. 
The other day I dropped my LC meter and broke it, no problem, the SA with VNA has a component tester program that reads LC&R and it works great I checked it with known caps and inductors and it's right on. 
Anyway guys have fun building, take your time, Scotty is your best friend, and I'll help when I can.73, Bill N7OQ