Fwd: [spectrumanalyzer] Re: Cutting the ExpressPCB panel

This contains the scottyspectrumanalyzer yahoo group backup
Dino Papas

Fwd: [spectrumanalyzer] Re: Cutting the ExpressPCB panel

Post by Dino Papas » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:54 pm

George -- yes, the brake-shear does function as a brake....the bending function is done at the bottom of the tool.  Of course that's limited in width to the same 8 inch constraint.  I've used it a couple of times and it works fine.  If you only want a bending brake there are cheaper (and perhaps better) alternatives.  Check MicroMark's web site as I think they sell one....I believe Northern Tools has one as well.  Those tools have a much wider bending area than the brake-shear does.
Dino KL0S/4
Begin forwarded message: From: "George Medakovich" Date: August 20, 2008 10:47:13 AM EDTTo: [url=mailto:spectrumanalyzer@yahoogroups.com t=_blank]spectrumanalyzer@yahoogroups.com[/url]Subject: [spectrumanalyzer] Re: Cutting the ExpressPCB panelReply-To: [url=mailto:spectrumanalyzer@yahoogroups.com t=_blank]spectrumanalyzer@yahoogroups.com[/url]
Looking at that item on their website, it is a dual-purpose tool.Does it work well as a bending brake too? I've been consideringbuying a bending brake, this might be the way to go.George, ae5ci--- In [url=mailto:spectrumanalyzer%40yahoogroups.com t=_blank]spectrumanalyzer@ yahoogroups. com[/url], Dino Papas wrote:>> For smaller pieces of PCB I finally bit the bullet and bought a shear- > brake from MicroMark... .nice straight clean cut with no fuss. Have > tried just about all the other methods mentioned and this for my > purposes is the best solution.... the obvious problem is the > constraint on width of about 8 inches.> > Dino KL0S/4>