Greetings, Recent Builders?

This contains the scottyspectrumanalyzer yahoo group backup
Kija
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:49 pm

Re: Greetings, Recent Builders?

Post by Kija » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:44 pm


A few thoughts about auxiliary tools:I built mine with a Weller WES51, and a cheap hot air gun, no problem, just a minimal occasional rework ;). A reflow oven will require solder mask on the pcbs. In that case pay attention to the ground loop around each module that Scotty recommends to solder the shielding walls to, connecting to both sides of the pcb. I chose to enclose all modules with brass strips and lids and it took quite a while to make. You don't want to have to scratch off the solder mask. Apart from the "inferior" look, I found that the naked board version was actually convenient for any level of prototyping/mods, test points etc....Others have said it, good optical magnification is a must.A drill press too IMHO if you put SMA connectors and need to drill the pcb's as suggested on the website without killing too many carbide bits, a 50$ cheapo from Harbor Freight will do, and is also handy to build the chassis frame and the cavity filter.I also used a cheapo scroll saw and a lot of blades (FR4 is not wood...) to cut the modules out of the panel PCB and file to size.a small adjustable vise is handy. Crimping tools for connectors.Ordering from china will save cost but insert a month delay here and there waiting.....I just went camping......I did the test as you build method with lab similar equipment that you have and some arduino code to test the PLO's as stand alone
enjoy.Kija
PS.Step 2 of my plan was to put a RasPi and an LCD screen when it occurred to me that having a 2.4GHz wi-fi radio and a wireless mouse dongle in the middle of the analyzer might not be that brilliant ;). Even without it, until I was able to close the lids of all the modules, just putting on the cover of my project box was rising the noise floor dramatically. Some care required to stay below the -100dB mark !





Reply via web post


Reply to sender


Reply to group

Start a New Topic

Messages in this topic
(7)








Image

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.



















Visit Your Group


New Members
1
[/list]




Image
Privacy • [url=mailto:spectrumanalyzer-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe t=_blank]Unsubscribe[/url] • Terms of Use





















.


Image

Image







John Penwarden
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:49 pm

Re: Greetings, Recent Builders?

Post by John Penwarden » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:03 am

Attachments :[/list]
 In my version I used a brass angle outer frame for the internal mounting of the SLIMs but added a web of thick( 2mm) copper wire to solder and attach the individual modules (see my pictures in the Photo section).  It gave me flexibility in locating my modules and it was easy to relocate them when I changed my mind.    All the SLIMs were enclosed in thin brass sheet for screening and I used RG 405 coax for interconnection.   After initial completion of my SAW based MSA I have refined it further by including a 2 Cavity IF1 filter, courtesy of Len, and a fan to minimise drift.  I also for convenience built in Sam's 2M Reference Calibrator which saved me having to much clutter floating around.  Latest change has been to add relay switching for the 10.7 Mhz for the 1G,2G and 3G ranges.  Mechanical front panel switch for now.  The attached pictures show my actual module layout with interconnecting coax links, before the relay addition, and my version of the MSA block diagram.






On Monday, 2 April 2018, 22:44:54 BST, Kija kijadesign@... [spectrumanalyzer] wrote:






 










A few thoughts about auxiliary tools:I built mine with a Weller WES51, and a cheap hot air gun, no problem, just a minimal occasional rework ;). A reflow oven will require solder mask on the pcbs. In that case pay attention to the ground loop around each module that Scotty recommends to solder the shielding walls to, connecting to both sides of the pcb. I chose to enclose all modules with brass strips and lids and it took quite a while to make. You don't want to have to scratch off the solder mask. Apart from the "inferior" look, I found that the naked board version was actually convenient for any level of prototyping/mods, test points etc....Others have said it, good optical magnification is a must.A drill press too IMHO if you put SMA connectors and need to drill the pcb's as suggested on the website without killing too many carbide bits, a 50$ cheapo from Harbor Freight will do, and is also handy to build the chassis frame and the cavity filter.I also used a cheapo scroll saw and a lot of blades (FR4 is not wood...) to cut the modules out of the panel PCB and file to size.a small adjustable vise is handy. Crimping tools for connectors.Ordering from china will save cost but insert a month delay here and there waiting.....I just went camping......I did the test as you build method with lab similar equipment that you have and some arduino code to test the PLO's as stand aloneenjoy.KijaPS.Step 2 of my plan was to put a RasPi and an LCD screen when it occurred to me that having a 2..4GHz wi-fi radio and a wireless mouse dongle in the middle of the analyzer might not be that brilliant ;). Even without it, until I was able to close the lids of all the modules, just putting on the cover of my project box was rising the noise floor dramatically. Some care required to stay below the -100dB mark !




Reply via web post


Reply to sender


Reply to group

Start a New Topic

Messages in this topic
(7)








Image

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.



















Visit Your Group


New Members
1
[/list]




Image
Privacy • [url=mailto:spectrumanalyzer-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe t=_blank]Unsubscribe[/url] • Terms of Use





















.


Image

Image
















#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 --
#ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ygrp-mkp {
border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px 0;padding:0 10px;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ygrp-mkp hr {
border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ygrp-mkp #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960hd {
color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px 0;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ygrp-mkp #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ads {
margin-bottom:10px;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ygrp-mkp .ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ad {
padding:0 0;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ygrp-mkp .ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ad p {
margin:0;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ygrp-mkp .ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ad a {
color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ygrp-sponsor #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ygrp-lc {
font-family:Arial;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ygrp-sponsor #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ygrp-lc #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960hd {
margin:10px 0px;font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ygrp-sponsor #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ygrp-lc .ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ad {
margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960actions {
font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960activity {
background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960activity span {
font-weight:700;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960activity span:first-child {
text-transform:uppercase;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960activity span a {
color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960activity span span {
color:#ff7900;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960activity span .ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960underline {
text-decoration:underline;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 .ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960attach {
clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px 0;width:400px;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 .ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960attach div a {
text-decoration:none;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 .ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960attach img {
border:none;padding-right:5px;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 .ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960attach label {
display:block;margin-bottom:5px;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 .ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960attach label a {
text-decoration:none;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 blockquote {
margin:0 0 0 4px;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 .ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960bold {
font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 .ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960bold a {
text-decoration:none;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 dd.ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960last p a {
font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 dd.ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960last p span {
margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 dd.ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960last p span.ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960yshortcuts {
margin-right:0;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 div.ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960attach-table div div a {
text-decoration:none;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 div.ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960attach-table {
width:400px;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 div.ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960file-title a, #ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 div.ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960file-title a:active, #ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 div.ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960file-title a:hover, #ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 div.ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960file-title a:visited {
text-decoration:none;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 div.ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960photo-title a, #ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 div.ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960photo-title a:active, #ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 div.ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960photo-title a:hover, #ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 div.ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960photo-title a:visited {
text-decoration:none;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 div#ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ygrp-mlmsg #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ygrp-msg p a span.ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960yshortcuts {
font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 .ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960green {
color:#628c2a;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 .ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960MsoNormal {
margin:0 0 0 0;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 o {
font-size:0;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960photos div {
float:left;width:72px;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960photos div div {
border:1px solid #666666;min-height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960photos div label {
color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960reco-category {
font-size:77%;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960reco-desc {
font-size:77%;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 .ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960replbq {
margin:4px;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ygrp-actbar div a:first-child {
margin-right:2px;padding-right:5px;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ygrp-mlmsg {
font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ygrp-mlmsg table {
font-size:inherit;font:100%;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ygrp-mlmsg select, #ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 input, #ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 textarea {
font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ygrp-mlmsg pre, #ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 code {
font:115% monospace;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ygrp-mlmsg * {
line-height:1.22em;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ygrp-mlmsg #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960logo {
padding-bottom:10px;}


#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ygrp-msg p a {
font-family:Verdana;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ygrp-msg p#ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960attach-count span {
color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ygrp-reco #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960reco-head {
color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ygrp-reco {
margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ygrp-sponsor #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ov li a {
font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ygrp-sponsor #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ov li {
font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ygrp-sponsor #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ov ul {
margin:0;padding:0 0 0 8px;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ygrp-text {
font-family:Georgia;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ygrp-text p {
margin:0 0 1em 0;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ygrp-text tt {
font-size:120%;}

#ygrps-yiv-1946880530 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960 #ygrps-yiv-1946880530yiv6276691960ygrp-vital ul li:last-child {
border-right:none !important;}
#ygrps-yiv-1946880530


gollum@f-m.fm
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:50 pm

Re: Greetings, Recent Builders?

Post by gollum@f-m.fm » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:42 pm

Hi John,Nice drawings you uploaded!  Thanks.
Guy

Kija
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:49 pm

Re: Greetings, Recent Builders?

Post by Kija » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:01 pm


I pretty much did the same style of implementation with 2 levels.My outer frame is made of rectangular brass tube 3/16x3/8", they were cheaper than the L type.For the support lattice I used 0.016x1/2"brass strip and 3/8" square brass tube to make a small T beam, very rigid.I have a 2nd level frame to support the cavity filter mounted vertical in the box.This thing is heavy, I built the 4 cavities version on a rigid brass plate.Any flexing of the base will crack the solder joints of the tubes to the base (yes it did :).Some builders have external rods to stiffen the structure, probably a good idea.The 2nd level also has the A/D module near the front plate so that the video switches are only 1" away. Ventilation of my Hammond box is less than ideal, I added 2 low profile small fans mounted on rubber silent blocks posts, ferrite+cap filtering and a switch to turn them off to cut noise if need. I see only about 2-3 dBm difference at the -80dBm noise floor level in a zero scan 1kHz RBW. and no difference on a broadband scan where the noise floor is well below -100dBm (1G band).
amazing how boxing a project takes as much time as building its core !






On Tuesday, April 3, 2018, 4:03:21 AM EDT, John Penwarden penwardenj@... [spectrumanalyzer] wrote:






 










 In my version I used a brass angle outer frame for the internal mounting of the SLIMs but added a web of thick( 2mm) copper wire to solder and attach the individual modules (see my pictures in the Photo section).  It gave me flexibility in locating my modules and it was easy to relocate them when I changed my mind.    All the SLIMs were enclosed in thin brass sheet for screening and I used RG 405 coax for interconnection.   After initial completion of my SAW based MSA I have refined it further by including a 2 Cavity IF1 filter, courtesy of Len, and a fan to minimise drift.  I also for convenience built in Sam's 2M Reference Calibrator which saved me having to much clutter floating around.  Latest change has been to add relay switching for the 10.7 Mhz for the 1G,2G and 3G ranges.  Mechanical front panel switch for now..  The attached pictures show my actual module layout with interconnecting coax links, before the relay addition, and my version of the MSA block diagram.










Reply via web post


Reply to sender


Reply to group

Start a New Topic

Messages in this topic
(7)








Image

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.



















Visit Your Group


New Members
1
[/list]




Image
Privacy • [url=mailto:spectrumanalyzer-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe t=_blank]Unsubscribe[/url] • Terms of Use





















.


Image

Image





























josembarros
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:52 pm

Re: Greetings, Recent Builders?

Post by josembarros » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:06 pm

Hi,
Is there any chance of you having another set of boards? Or someone else for a similar price?

Marc OLANIE
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:49 pm

Re: Greetings, Recent Builders?

Post by Marc OLANIE » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:11 am









Hi
Krzysztof
… or, once you’ll have decided the best repo to use, put at least the gerber, at best the schematic and pcb files in a “hardware” subdirectory.
 
More and more people on this list are using Kicad, an open source EDA software, and I could contribute porting your design to this platform if you used another kind of tool.

 
And definitely yes, your project is interesting enough to “push” even non-technical guys like me to download and compile from source :- D

 
Also be sure your developments will be welcome. The MSA community is certainly more grateful than the “Agilent logic analysis realm”.

 
Greetings

Marc
 
 
 
 
 


De : spectrumanalyzer@yahoogroups.com


Envoyé : vendredi 20 avril 2018 23:06

À : spectrumanalyzer@yahoogroups.com

Objet : [spectrumanalyzer] Re: Greetings, Recent Builders?


 








Hi,


Is there any chance of you having another set of boards? Or someone else for a similar price?














Krzysztof Błaszkowski
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:49 pm

Re: Greetings, Recent Builders?

Post by Krzysztof Błaszkowski » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:32 pm

Hi Marc,





On Sat, 2018-04-21 at 05:11 +0000, Marc OLANIE [url=mailto:Marc.olanie@... t=_blank]Marc.olanie@...[/url]

[spectrumanalyzer] wrote:

> Hi Krzysztof

>

> … or, once you’ll have decided the best repo to use, put at least the

> gerber, at best the schematic and pcb files in a “hardware”

> subdirectory.

>

>  



I've shared some my thoughts already which are result of my engineering

effort, i.e. labor time and real money spent on parts, pcbs and so on. 



>

> More and more people on this list are using Kicad, an open source EDA

> software, and I could contribute porting your design to this platform

> if you used another kind of tool.

>



yes, I use different tool. Long time ago I had good reason to buy eagle

5.x full license so I did.





>  

>

> And definitely yes, your project is interesting enough to “push” even

> non-technical guys like me to download and compile from source :- D

>



give me some time. I've invited two members and let's see what they

think.



>  

>

> Also be sure your developments will be welcome. The MSA community is

> certainly more grateful than the “Agilent logic analysis realm”.



Thanks a lot.





Greetings,

Krzysztof





>

>  

>

> Greetings

>

> Marc

>

>  

>

>  

>

>  

>

>  

>

>  

>

> De : [url=mailto:spectrumanalyzer@yahoogroups.com t=_blank]spectrumanalyzer@yahoogroups.com[/url] om> 

> Envoyé : vendredi 20 avril 2018 23:06

> À : [url=mailto:spectrumanalyzer@yahoogroups.com t=_blank]spectrumanalyzer@yahoogroups.com[/url]

> Objet : [spectrumanalyzer] Re: Greetings, Recent Builders?

>

>  

>

>

>

>

>

> Hi,

>

> Is there any chance of you having another set of boards? Or someone

> else for a similar price?

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

--

Krzysztof Blaszkowski

Krzysztof Błaszkowski
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:49 pm

Re: Greetings, Recent Builders?

Post by Krzysztof Błaszkowski » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:05 pm

Hi Marc,



Again, email delivery issue.



On Sat, 2018-04-21 at 16:36 +0200, Krzysztof Błaszkowski wrote:

> Hi Marc,

>

>

> On Sat, 2018-04-21 at 05:11 +0000, Marc OLANIE Marc.olanie@decision.f

> r

> [spectrumanalyzer] wrote:

> >

> > Hi Krzysztof

> >

> > … or, once you’ll have decided the best repo to use, put at least

> > the

> > gerber, at best the schematic and pcb files in a “hardware”

> > subdirectory.

> >

> >  

>

> I've shared some my thoughts already which are result of my

> engineering

> effort, i.e. labor time and real money spent on parts, pcbs and so

> on. 

>

> >

> >

> > More and more people on this list are using Kicad, an open source

> > EDA

> > software, and I could contribute porting your design to this

> > platform

> > if you used another kind of tool.

> >

>

> yes, I use different tool. Long time ago I had good reason to buy

> eagle

> 5.x full license so I did.

>

>

> >

> >  

> >

> > And definitely yes, your project is interesting enough to “push”

> > even

> > non-technical guys like me to download and compile from source :- D

> >

>

> give me some time. I've invited two members and let's see what they

> think.

>

> >

> >  

> >

> > Also be sure your developments will be welcome. The MSA community

> > is

> > certainly more grateful than the “Agilent logic analysis realm”.

>

> Thanks a lot.

>

>

> Greetings,

> Krzysztof

>

>

> >

> >

> >  

> >

> > Greetings

> >

> > Marc

> >

> >  

> >

> >  

> >

> >  

> >

> >  

> >

> >  

> >

> > De : [url=mailto:spectrumanalyzer@yahoogroups.com t=_blank]spectrumanalyzer@yahoogroups.com[/url] > .c

> > om> 

> > Envoyé : vendredi 20 avril 2018 23:06

> > À : [url=mailto:spectrumanalyzer@yahoogroups.com t=_blank]spectrumanalyzer@yahoogroups.com[/url]

> > Objet : [spectrumanalyzer] Re: Greetings, Recent Builders?

> >

> >  

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Hi,

> >

> > Is there any chance of you having another set of boards? Or someone

> > else for a similar price?

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

--

Krzysztof Blaszkowski

josembarros
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:52 pm

Re: Greetings, Recent Builders?

Post by josembarros » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:38 am

Scotty's website is fantastic, but I strongly recommend right from the start to also look in depth into the add-on's from S. Wetterlin, mostly his "2016 accessories board group buy" 
Hi,
You mean the folder "Group Buy 2016" under files? I see an accessories schematic there which contains some info about the various boards, but is there any source  of further information? Site or groups topic?
Thanks

kijadesign
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:52 pm

Re: Greetings, Recent Builders?

Post by kijadesign » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:49 pm

yes that's the one.The group buy files gathers various accessories, some are improved modules, some are RL bridges and buffers, test generators etc.....You may want to consider incorporating some from the start of the build,others can be for a 2nd phase or just while using the msa.There is some basic text info on the multi-pages schematic but there are more info & msa users manuals on Sam's website linked via Scotty's website near the bottom of the front page, he refers to it as a "gold mine" and it is....Personally I have used the ampli-filter for the 3 of resolution bandwidth filters. I found that solution better than the crystal ladder one.This is an area of the project that Scotty has left the builder to work on a bit, depending on preferences.I chose to do my own combo board including replicated modules, extra RFA etc....according to my needs. That way you can save some pcb area by skipping the stuff you do not need/want and stay within the low cost option at ExpressPcb, if you use them....read the help manual to use cut & paste with their software, it's a bit tricky.I will be working on the log detector expansion option in the future. currently working/playing with the variants of RL bridges.
enjoy,Kija

Post Reply