Group buy of boards?

This contains the scottyspectrumanalyzer yahoo group backup
klewisjohnson

Group buy of boards?

Post by klewisjohnson » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:08 am

I was browsing and saw that it the past there has been some group buys of boards was just wondering if maybe this is a option or if someone is planing on having some boards made in the future.. I am a kicad user as well and was planning on having some made, I know that board design isnt my strongest skill set so just putting it out there.

josembarros

Re: Group buy of boards?

Post by josembarros » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:02 am

Hi,
I'm planning on ordering some boards soon, I would prefer buying a set from someone here but nobody answered my request on another thread. 
So far I have these quotes from JLCPCB:
For 10 boards using gerbers from "Files/KF5KOG SLIMs combined to 10cmx10cm PCBs", that is 10 x 6 boards of 100x100mm I got 27USD for the boards and 43USD for UPS shipping giving a total of 70USD.For only 5 of the boards above the price for the PCBs remains the same but the shipping is reduced to 31USD.
For 10 boards using gerbers of the combined panels (aprox 200x130mm each) from the same location, which I believe was used for the "Files/Group Buy 2016" the price is 100USD (PCBs plus shipping). For only 5 boards I got 68USD.
This was with shipping to Portugal.
I'm not to happy about having to buy 5 sets minimal when I only need one, it would make sense to buy this in group. I'm not the best to handle this though since on top of these prices I will have to pay VAT on reception.
I will compare the 100X100mm with the 200X130mm panels to figure what is there and what isn't in the next few days and if no other option presents itself I will have to byte the bullet. 

gollum@f-m.fm

Re: Group buy of boards?

Post by gollum@f-m.fm » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:14 pm

#ygrps-yiv-175619519 p.ygrps-yiv-175619519MsoNormal, #ygrps-yiv-175619519 p.ygrps-yiv-175619519MsoNoSpacing{margin:0;}

Hi Jose;

Guy here.. I think I scarfed up the last set of boards that Stew had.. But.. I would be willing to buy another set as a backup.. 

I finally got all the parts and things to start the build! 

Best Regards;

Guy

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018, at 6:42 AM, [url=mailto:josembarros@... t=_blank]josembarros@...[/url] [spectrumanalyzer] wrote:

Hi,

I'm planning on ordering some boards soon, I would prefer buying a set from someone here but nobody answered my request on another thread. 

So far I have these quotes from JLCPCB:

For 10 boards using gerbers from "Files/KF5KOG SLIMs combined to 10cmx10cm PCBs", that is 10 x 6 boards of 100x100mm I got 27USD for the boards and 43USD for UPS shipping giving a total of 70USD.

For only 5 of the boards above the price for the PCBs remains the same but the shipping is reduced to 31USD.

For 10 boards using gerbers of the combined panels (aprox 200x130mm each) from the same location, which I believe was used for the "Files/Group Buy 2016" the price is 100USD (PCBs plus shipping). For only 5 boards I got 68USD.

This was with shipping to Portugal.

I'm not to happy about having to buy 5 sets minimal when I only need one, it would make sense to buy this in group. I'm not the best to handle this though since on top of these prices I will have to pay VAT on reception.

I will compare the 100X100mm with the 200X130mm panels to figure what is there and what isn't in the next few days and if no other option presents itself I will have to byte the bullet.